It’s a mantra that has become common in every industry–from the government to automotive to industry.
There has never been more focus on protecting the environment, making wise use of natural resources and limiting the use of products from plastic bags to printed pieces of paper.
And now another way of protecting the planet has emerged: transcription services.
Yes, if you are among the millions of Americans committed to doing what’s right for the environment, you can go green with transcription.
Transcription services providers take recorded audio and turn them into the written word. Well, more accurately, they type what they hear into computers so that companies, government agencies, non-profits and others can have accurate records of what was said.
Transcription service providers work in hospitals, universities, courts, law firms, Fortune 500 companies, and government agencies. They play an important role in everything from driving profits to helping ensure patients get the treatment they need to ensure that justice is achieved.
They also play an important role in the “go green” initiative.
Work From Home
Many transcription jobs allow you to work from home. Not only does this provide you with great work-life balance and scheduling flexibility, but it also reduces your carbon footprint because you’re not using fossil fuels to commute.
In addition, roads, bridges and other transportation infrastructure take a beating on a daily basis. It takes a lot of resources to maintain them, and the fewer people using them makes them last longer.
Use Smaller Spaces
There is a lot of overhead associated with maintaining an office. But when you’re a freelance or contract transcription services professional, you don’t necessarily need an office. You can work from home, a coffee shop or a library, which means your carbon footprint is reduced even more.
Use Fewer Resources
When you don’t have an office, you don’t need lights, air conditioning, a desk, chairs, pencils or a printer. These are all products that require ample amounts of resources to produce, maintain and replace.
Find Work-Life Balance
When you are stressed, you are more likely to get sick, eat a less-than-healthy diet and accessing health care more frequently. Working at home, setting your own hours and knowing that you have the ability to meet your financial obligations reduces stress, which in turn can keep you healthier. Healthier people are better for the environment.
Help Companies Use Less Paper
Thanks to the power of technology, everything you do as a transcriptionist can be paperless. Your work can be easily uploaded to computer systems or emailed to your clients without ever printing a single piece of paper.
Be on The Cutting Edge
While working from home and telecommuting are not necessarily new concepts, the way in which they are done these days are incredibly innovative. These days when you work from home you get to use the latest technology, attend virtual meetings and video chat with your clients. Not only is it cool, it’s also good for the environment.
Sounds Great, Right? So Go Green Today!
If all of this sounds great to you, there is no better time to get involved in the “go green” initiative than now–and you can get started from home.
Of course, you’re going to need some training before you launch a successful, environmentally friendly career in transcription services.
One of the absolute best places to start is at the Transcription Certification Institute. You can get started by following an easy three-step process:
1) Sign up and register, which allows you to start your lessons right away. Why wait? You don’t even have to leave your home to get started.
2) Complete each lesson by reading, reviewing and studying carefully–then doing well on the quizzes. Doing well on the lessons and quizzes prepares you for the final test.
3) Successfully complete the final test, which includes seven different types of audio files. Once you pass the final test, you will receive your certification in transcription.
Once you have achieved your certification, you’ll reap the rewards of all your hard work, which include:
- A guaranteed internship with a major transcription services company. You’ll be getting real-world experience, honing your skills and preparing to launch a successful career.
- The ability to outperform others who work in transcription that do not have your training or experience.
- The flexibility and benefits that come from being able to work from home. And the benefits are not only freedom and financial, they also include going green.
- Opportunities to build your own freelance transcription business, work as a consultant or join one of the many companies that need your services.
There really aren’t too many other jobs out there that offer the flexibility, financial opportunities and ability to go green the way transcription services positions do. Why not start today.
If you are interested in learning more about these exciting opportunities–and supporting the green initiative–connect with the Transcription Certification Institute today.
You’ll be glad you did–and the environment will thank you.